Well, Thanksgiving here in the U.S., anyway. Canadian Thanksgiving was a little over a month ago. I remember this as that was the time I first encountered Cutthroat Grandma. I recall that she was thankful for her grandkids, gardens, and the ability to cut me and then basically tell me “whatchya gonna do?”, knowing full well that I couldn’t tell a lil old lady how I really feel without coming across like a total as … I was saying, Thanksgiving in the U.S. What am I thankful for?
1. Well, first and foremost, I am thankful for my supportive family and friends who tolerate my endless bitching about my damn book.
2. I am thankful that my real career is one where I am considered the shizz.
4. I am thankful that I could hire a publicist who actually read the damn thing.
Um, what else?
6. I am thankful for all the new ways I’ve learned to avoid jail. Those still might come in handy someday.
7. I am thankful to that Ivy League theatre group for still following me on twitter, despite me not being able to order those clam pies from the local favorite. I’m guessing that either that obscure Eat24 place turned out to be really good or they’re still too sick to click the unfollow button.
8. I’m thankful for my increasing book sal … actually, 1 through 7 about covered it.
Anyway, Happy Thanksgiving in the U.S., folks! Oh, and I am also thankful that I can give you peeps a laugh once in a while. Now, go out and buy my damn book! Or at least download that turkey for charity!